- Constructed from a thick base layer and impregnated with an aggressive 60-grit mineral abrasive compound.
- Aggressive acrylic adhesive backing for longevity that will form a strong, water-proof bond to most any clean, dry surface while will still being temporarily repositionable during the application process.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor environments offering good wear resistance and weatherability.
- Recommended for long term and OEM applications.
- Certified by the National Flooring Safety Institute 101-A “High- Traction”, and meets or exceeds OSHA 1910.24, 1910.26 and ANSI B101.1.
- Offers excellent chemical and oil resistance for a wide variety of applications.
- 1" Grid Pattern Liner that allows you to cut exact lengths without the need for measuring tools.
Preparation / Installation Instructions
It is very important that the surface the tape is being adhered to is free from all contamination such as dirt, dust, grease and oil. A combination of 50/50 alcohol and water solution is usually adequate for removing most contamination. The wiper/cloth should be changed frequently (white cloth recommended). Heavy accumulation may require more aggressive cleaning techniques.
Temperature is a critical factor in adhesive bonding and is often over-looked. All our tape products are intended to be applied in temperatures of not less than 50ºF (10ºC). In general the closer to room temperature the better the bonding.
Tape products should be smoothed down with 15 psi of pressure or more. This will aid adhesive 'wet out' and result in better bonding.
Once the tape has been applied, the adhesive bond will continue to strengthen as it has time to cure. The ambient temperature will affect this bonding time (the colder the slower), but as a general rule good bonding will not be fully achieved for 24-48 hours after the application. Full bond strength will be reached at 72 hours (70ºF).